Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday to My Emma

My Darling Baby Girl Emma,

Wow, where has the time gone? I still remember holding you in my arms when you were born and saying a silent prayer to Heavenly Father, thanking him for the little blessing I held in my arms and asking him for strength and guidance as I started on this new path of being a father.



I still remember you crawling around on floor when we lived in Thatcher with a smile always on your face. I remember how you used to frustrate mommy and daddy every time you pulled the movies off the shelf.


And then time went on and your sisters inevitably followed after you. I think you have found that being the oldest has its privileges... as well as its downfalls. One thing is for sure and that is that I will always love you with all my heart. You are my eldest and will always hold a special place in my heart. You were a beautiful baby girl and you have continued to blossom into a

beautiful young lady and I can only suspect that you will grow into a beautiful woman, inside and out.

When I did this for your sister, I tried to impart some of my knowledge to her. So I will do the same to you. My one true wish for you is responsibility. As I have said before, you are the eldest. Your sisters look up to you to lead them and teach them. In order to do that, you must first be responsible for your own actions and their consequences. You have been baptized. You have been given the gift of the Holy Ghost. Listen to His still small voice and you will always make the right choice. He will help you be more responsible. He will help guide you as you help guide your sisters.

I love you my eldest baby. I have watched you grow and marvel everyday at what the new things you learn. Don't forget our Heavenly Father. Thank Him, pray to Him for all that he has given you. Study your scriptures and I promise that you not be led astray.

I will always Love you. I will always be here for you.

Love always and forever,


Your father

No comments: