Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fatherhood

Today reminded me how important it is to be a kind and loving father and husband. I was short with both my wife and my eldest daughter this morning, The minute I climbed in my van to help someone move I istantely felt horrible. How could I talk that way to the mother of my children? How could I be short with my daughter when all she wanted was some breakfast? I had to go to work after I helped that brother move and I heard a song play that just broke me down to tears. It is called My Little Girl by Tim McGraw. I then heard Its your Love by Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill. After hearing those songs I knelt down in my office and prayed for forgiveness.
I then found these words from President Howard Hunter. I have also added a playlist with those two songs mentioned above. You father listen to those words if you have daughters.
Love your daughters because you never know when you are going to lose them. Love your wives because they are one of the most precious gifts from the Lord that we will ever recieve.


"A man who holds the priesthood shows perfect moral fidelity to his wife and gives her no reason to doubt his faithfulness. A husband is to love his wife with all his heart and cleave unto her and none else

A man who holds the priesthood has reverence for motherhood. Mothers are given a sacred privilege to “bear the souls of men; for herein is the work of [the] Father continued, that he may be glorified”

A man who holds the priesthood regards the family as ordained of God. Your leadership of the family is your most important and sacred responsibility. The family is the most important unit in time and in eternity and, as such, transcends every other interest in life.

Tenderness and respect—never selfishness—must be the guiding principles in the intimate relationship between husband and wife. Each partner must be considerate and sensitive to the other’s needs and desires. Any domineering, indecent, or uncontrolled behavior in the intimate relationship between husband and wife is condemned by the Lord."

President Howard W. Hunter

No comments: