Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Inspirational Quotes

From time to time I plan to post quotes or sayings that have generally inspired me to do better or be a better husband and father. Here is the first of (I hope) many to come. One thing that has always been a standard in my life is the love and respect for women. I believe this quote that I found sums up all that I believe men should behave to their spouses:

"As fathers we should have love unbounded for the mothers of our children. We should accord to them the gratitude, respect, and praise that they deserve. Husbands, to keep alive the spirit of romance in your marriage, be considerate and kind in the tender intimacies of your married life. Let your thoughts and actions inspire confidence and trust. Let your words be wholesome and your time together be uplifting. Let nothing in life take priority over your wife--neither work, recreation, nor hobby."

Russell M. Nelson

No comments: